This section of the website will give you an opportunity to have your say on the issues affecting you and your family.
Have your voice heard
We have been engaging parents through consultation since 1999. The consultation process is an important opportunity for you to share your views. In consulting with you it enables us to highlight the key issues and needs of parents in order to influence policy, planning and service delivery.
Having your say on the issues that matter to you, means you have the chance to influence decisions that are made about changing the lives of children and young people in Northern Ireland.
If you are interested in talking part in focus groups please complete the form below.
Parent’s Reference Group
Parenting NI is setting up a Parents’ Reference Group as a forum for parents and those representing parents to act in a consultative role to Parenting NI, on issues relating to parenting.
To provide a forum for parents and those representing parents to act in a consultative role to Parenting NI, on issues relating to parenting.
Terms of Reference
- To convene twice yearly, March and September.
- To act as a sounding board for Parenting NI on identified policy issues relating to parenting as directed by the CEO.
- To provide occasional commentary on agreed issues to the media, when invited by the CEO of Parenting NI.
- To promote the work and values of Parenting NI
- To represent the organisation, if invited to do so by CEO of Parenting NI.
- There will be a maximum of 12 members
- Members will be selected by a nomination process and serve for three years. CEO will be responsible for overseeing the nomination process.
- Members should be from a range of backgrounds and geographical locations.
- A Chair will be elected from the members.
- The Parenting NI Parental Engagement Co-ordinator will attend the meetings and in consultation with the Chair will draw up the agenda.
- Key issues/actions from the Advisory group will be reported through the Chair of the Advisory group to the Board of Trustees
We are very keen to have nominations from a cross section of interested parties and hope that you will consider carefully this opportunity to be part of the group.
If you have any further questions get in touch.