How to make a complaint
A complaint can be made either by letter or by email to the Chief Executive.
42 Dublin Road
The complaint should include the following details:
- who or what is the complaint about
- where and when the event that caused the complaint happened
- if possible, what you would like to be done to address your complaint
- how we can contact you.
Investigating the complaint
- Your letter or email will be acknowledged within 3 working days of receipt of the complaint.
- The complaint will be investigated by the appropriate Director.
- Investigations will be prompt, thorough and impartial with due regard to the rights of both you and the member of staff. Some complaints take longer to resolve than others. If this is the case you will be informed and given an explanation.
- Those investigating the complaint will not be involved with the allegation.
- A member of staff being interviewed during the investigation stage will be made aware of any allegations against him/her prior to the investigation interview.
- After the investigation, the person who has carried out the investigation will prepare a report and recommend appropriate action. The report will be presented to the Chief Executive for further action.
- A full response will be sent to you within 20 working days.
What to do if the complainant is not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint?
If you are dissatisfied with the outcome following your complaint, you will be referred to the Chair of the Board of Trustees.
Where a complaint relates to data protection, and you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the organisation’s investigation, you may refer the complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Where a complaint relates to a Parenting NI fundraising activity, and you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the organisation’s investigation, you may refer the complaint to the Fundraising Regulator within 2 months of Parenting NI’s response.
CAN Mezzanine Building
49-51 East Road
Tel: 0300 999 3407