Would you like to work for us?
In this section you will be able to have a look at any job or volunteering opportunities we have available at Parenting NI.
Parenting NI wishes to recruit a number of individuals to join its bank of Associate Trainers. As an Associate Trainer you would offer your services to Parenting NI on a freelance basis.
At present, we wish to recruit Associate Trainers to deliver parenting programmes and workshops in the cross border areas e.g. from Newry with possible travel to Louth/Drogheda areas; from Armagh with possible travel to Cavan/Monaghan areas; from Derry~Londonderry with possible travel to Donegal; and from Fermanagh with possible travel to Sligo.
- Qualification at NVQ Level 3 or above (or equivalent qualification) in Health, Social Care, Child Care, Community/Youth Work, Working with Parents or Training and Development
- Relevant up to date safeguarding/child protection training or willingness to attend training prior to commencing role
- At least 3 years’ experience working with parents and delivering programmes and/or training
- Experience of delivering programmes online and familiar with the use of the Zoom platform
- Business Use Car Insurance
- Must have access to own laptop and data projector
- Associate Trainers are self-employed and therefore must have their own Public Liability (£1,000,000) and Professional Indemnity (£1,000,000) Insurance or willingness to purchase this prior to commencing role
- For delivery of accredited training, Associate Trainers will be required to have an A1 (D32/D33) Assessors Award and up to date OCN Assessors Training or willingness to attend prior to commencing role.
- OCN Level 3 in facilitator skills (or equivalent qualification)
- At least 3 years’ experience of work in the field of Child Care, Parenting Education or Family Support
An application form can be downloaded below.
Closing date for applications: 4pm on Friday 26th November 2021
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 8th December 2021
Induction session planned for Wednesday 12th January 2022 from 2pm to 4pm
Successful candidates will also need to be available to attend training on Tuesday 25th January 2022 and Wednesday 2nd February 2022 from 7pm to 9pm on both dates