CYPSP will listen to the needs of parents to ensure that their views are included in the planning and design of policy and practice.
By participating you will have the opportunity to share your ideas, views and opinions to help organisations design and deliver services for you and your family. You will be listened to, valued and supported through the process.
Have your say, it’s your right and opportunity to make a difference.
If you are interested in getting involved with CYPSP and Parenting NI, get in touch with Lynn, Parental Engagement Coordinator.
Parent’s Reference Group
Parenting NI is setting up a Parents’ Reference Group as a forum for parents and those representing parents to act in a consultative role to Parenting NI, on issues relating to parenting.
To provide a forum for parents and those representing parents to act in a consultative role to Parenting NI, on issues relating to parenting.
Terms of Reference
- To convene twice yearly, March and September.
- To act as a sounding board for Parenting NI on identified policy issues relating to parenting as directed by the CEO.
- To provide occasional commentary on agreed issues to the media, when invited by the CEO of Parenting NI.
- To promote the work and values of Parenting NI
- To represent the organisation, if invited to do so by CEO of Parenting NI.
- There will be a maximum of 12 members
- Members will be selected by a nomination process and serve for three years. CEO will be responsible for overseeing the nomination process.
- Members should be from a range of backgrounds and geographical locations.
- A Chair will be elected from the members.
- The Parenting NI Parental Engagement Co-ordinator will attend the meetings and in consultation with the Chair will draw up the agenda.
- Key issues/actions from the Advisory group will be reported through the Chair of the Advisory group to the Board of Trustees
We are very keen to have nominations from a cross section of interested parties and hope that you will consider carefully this opportunity to be part of the group.
If you have any further questions get in touch.