Families Together Project focuses on improving family relationships. This project is a partnership between Parenting NI and New Life Counselling and has been funded by The Big Lottery Reaching Out: Supporting Families Programme.
All activities are...
Families Together is designed to improve family lives and seeks to provide you and your family with a better understanding of each others needs. There are a number of benefits to you:
The project is available in six Primary Schools in the Antrim and Strabane areas. Those schools are:
As we are progressing the project, we have been able to offer additional schools in each area some aspects of the project for their families.
Time for Parents
- Confidential face to face support / counselling service
- Attend individually or together
- Explore and set realistic goals
- Find manageable solutions
Time for Children
- One to one time
- Therapeutic support
- Children explore & learn to understand feelings
- Exploring through a range of activities including art, music, play & drama
- 6 week programme for parents & children to spend time together
- Focused time for an hour & a half each week
- Creative activities examining thoughts, feelings & behaviours to enhance parent / child relationships.
Workshops for Parents
Families Together have a range of workshops providing you with the opportunity to learn new parenting skills and meet with other parents. These informal sessions can help you manage stress, build your self esteem, become more assertive and manage situations such as separation and communication breakdown.
Workshops on offer include:
Handling Children's Behaviour
Parenting in a Digital
Dealing with Bullying & Making Friends
Additional support/Home Visits can be arranged in a venue that is easily accessible to the parent, at a mutually agreed location, at times this may be carried out in the home. This can provide an opportunity to discuss in more detail which support service might suit you best. This support will be time bound to ensure an efficient, supportive intervention is provided.