Family Wellness Project Support Groups are held on a weekday evening, once a month for approximately 1.5 – 2 hours in a local community setting in your area, meetings are an opportunity to share experience and knowledge with other parents and carers in a similar position in a safe, relaxed and confidential environment. Various topics on positive parenting approaches will be covered at each meeting including:
- Managing stress and identifying negative triggers
- Positive parenting strategies
- Wellness tools
- Developing resilience
- … and of course any other topics that may arise during group discussion.
The Support Group meetings are focused on examining what tools are available to prevent further emotional health and well-being difficulties from arising, through developing skills and knowledge from others under the guidance of a facilitator.
Positive parenting strategies are covered at each monthly meeting.
- Craigavon Group 1: Wednesday 9th January, 10am – 12 noon at Chrysalis Centre
- Newry: Monday 14th January, 10.30am – 12.30pm at Ballybot House
- Craigavon Group 2: Wednesday 23rd January, 7 – 9pm at Brownlow Hub
If you are interested in attending one of our groups in your area, please contact Charmaine McCorry (Family Wellness Project Support Group Facilitator) on 07740410169 or email email@example.com to complete a referral form.